Join us on July 8, 2014 for a dinner meeting at the Christiana Hilton at 5:30 pm. Terri Hartwell Easter, T.H. Easter Consulting will speak on the topic of Diversity & Inclusion: Moving Beyond the Numbers. This session is approved for 1.25 HR Certification Institute Credits.
100 Continental Dr
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
Diversity & Inclusion: Moving Beyond the Numbers
Terri Hartwell Easter, T.H. Easter Consulting
July 8, 2014 Dinner Meeting
Approved for 1.25 HR Certification Institute Credits
The United Way of Delaware
- Terri Hartwell Easter will share her unique approach to crafting diversity and inclusion initiatives that move beyond elusive measures with limited impact, to actionable practices that achieve business goals and improve bottom line. In addition, Terri will share her unique perspective on how employee engagement drives diversity and inclusion goals.
- Terri will provide a brief review of the APQC Leadership Deficit study, which revealed that only 8% of organizations are sufficiently developing leadership capabilities in all employees.
- Terri will analyze the data and review the topic from a diversity vantage point: What is the near and future impact of the Leadership Deficit on diverse managers and leaders and their career development and success? How will the pipeline for tomorrow’s diverse senior leadership be impacted by the Leadership Deficit given not only the lack of professional development but also dramatic cuts in middle management? Is there a healthy pipeline?
- Terri will share steps SHRM practitioners can take to create diversity initiatives aligned with strong employee engagement. She will do this by presenting a strategic overview of 5 approaches for HR leaders to create opportunities and improve outcomes in this time of the Leadership Deficit.
1. Assess, develop and coach even the most seasoned executives.
2. Grow talent from within.
3. Initiate succession planning.
4. Employ creative approaches.
5. Align fractionalized teams.
- Terri will discuss the tangibles of how you create diversity initiatives that are more aligned with employee engagement, what kind of program works, and resources are needed. For example, why does it look like when an organization wraps around employees? How do you achieve unity and not break employees up into parts or put people in boxes of ethnicity or older workers?
- And finally, Terri will give concrete examples of how her unique approach to achieving diversity through employee engagement drives better business outcomes, focusing on specific impact and outcomes including raised productivity, increased profits, and reduced turnover.
- Participants will leave with a roadmap of actionable best practices for building sustainable, diverse workforces within their organizations, as well as an understanding of how aligning diversity initiatives more closely with employee engagement is the right strategy for your organization.
Terri Hartwell Easter Bio
5:30 p.m Networking and Best Practice Sharing
6:00 p.m. Dinner and Networking
8:00 p.m. Adjournment
Please register by noon July 5, 2014
$30.00 DE SHRM Members & $40.00 at the door.
Guest registered by July 5, 2014 by noon - $50.00
$55.00 Guests registering at the door.
$5.00 DESHRM Student Member
Cancellations for full refund must be received by noon July 7, 2014.
If your registration is not canceled you will be billed