Please Join us for the
Delaware SHRM Holiday Social
to be held at the Christiana Hilton on
Tuesday, December 1, 2015
5:30 PM to 8:00 PM
Meeting Sponsored by
Enjoy the evening with local HR leadership, good food and a chance to give back to our community. We are once again partnering with community organizations to spread some DE SHRM holiday cheer. Gift baskets will be raffled benefiting three non-profits.
How Can I Help?
1) New Castle County Adopt-A-Family: It is now a gift card program where each child is to receive $100-$125 in gift card(s). Members will be able to donate towards the gift cards in three ways:
- Purchase tickets towards the gift baskets the night of the Holiday Social
- Bring your gift cards to combine with the DESHRM purchased gift cards to be given to the needy family. WalMart or Target gift cards preferred.
Here are the details about the family selected:
Mom suffered a very violent attack by the father of her children. He is currently in jail awaiting his criminal hearing. The loss of his financial contribution to the household is causing an increased burden on this single mother of five. Mom is on fixed income with SSI and TANF and is unable to work due to her disability.
Children: Son – 16; Daughter – 10; Daughter – 9; Son – 8; and Son – 3. Nothing requested for the Mom.
For More Information regarding Adopt a family
2) Food Bank of Delaware – (www.fbd.or) assists in receiving, sorting, warehousing and distributing non-perishable foods to:
a. Emergency food pantries
b. Kitchens and Shelters
d. Group homes
e. Senior citizens center
f. Community centers
g. Youth programs
The food is for
a. Working Poor
c. Single-Parent Families
d. Adults with Disabilities
h. Victims of Natural Disasters
How Can I Help
Bring a non-perishable food item to contribute to the DESHRM donation.
3) Operations Warm – every $20 received purchases a new coat for a child. Purchase raffle tickets on the gift baskets available the night of the Holiday Social. The money that we donate will stay in Delaware.
Link for More Information on Operation Warm: http://www.operationwarm.org/
Here are some of the reactions from children who were given a brand new coat:
My mom will be really, really , really happy that I have a warm coat!
Do you know how much I wanted a brand new coat that will keep me warm??
The coat is like an angel to me to make me feel special!!
This coat is all mine, no one has ever used it before?
Can I keep this coat? Is it just for me?
For every dollar donated you will receive one chance to win a gift basket.
If your company is interested in donating a gift basket to support our Community Outreach initiatives, please contact Laurie Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org or 302-367-7476.
Members Register at:
Please register by noon November 27, 2015
DE SHRM Members: $30
Members and Guests registering at the door.
40.00 DE SHRM Members
$5.00 DESHRM Student Member
Cancellations for full refund must be received by noon December November 30, 2015 or you will be billed.