SHRM Learning System Make the commitment. Take your HR career to the next level and earn your HR certification. HR Certification preparation using the SHRM Learning System Link
SHRM Professional Development Opportunities & Conferences. Link
SHRMÂ® Seminars Link
Best Practices from SHRM.
- SHRM's HR Toolkits for resources, articles, links, and other practical information on more than fifty HR topics.
- SHRM's HR Knowledge Center. Available 24/7 to SHRM national members to obtain fast and easy information about: salary survey directory, disaster recovery planning information, spreadsheet templates to calculate and compile HR metrics and more.
- SHRM's Compensation Data Center provides SHRM members with accurate and customized salary information for an entire spectrum of jobs ranging from top executive to entry level positions through the SHRM Compensation Data Center. Our salary information helps organizations formulate competitive compensation programs and provides a variety of compensation data options. SHRM members can select salary data in the form of online interactive compensation reports which include many positions from the same job-level or job-function or as a single position report if compensation data is needed for only one position.
- SHRM Advocacy Team: Help shape public policy affecting the HR profession with SHRM's HRVoice and write your elected officials today!
- SHRM Foundation: funds research, publications and education to advance the HR profession and enhance the effectiveness of HR professionals. Learn more about how it can help you be a more effective HR practitioner.
Delaware SHRM State Council
The State Council supports two State of Delaware local SHRM chapters, including Delaware SHRM & Delmarva SHRM. Link
DelMarVa SHRMâ€“ is a growing chapter located in Sussex County Drawing HR professionals from in and around the southern part of the State, the chapter meets monthly and has 25 members. For information about upcoming events and membership, go to: http://delmarva.shrm.org.
- We encourage all SHRM members to join a local chapter to enhance your networking connections, expand your professional development opportunities and earn credits for PHR/SPHR/GPHR recertification.
Social Security Administration Information
Link contains instructions for ordering the 2016 Red Book in a variety of formats. For those unfamiliar with the publication, the Red Book provides an overview of our disability programs, the rules for working while collecting SSI or Social Security disability benefits, and the employment supports available to those collecting benefits.
Strong Families Survive and Social Security Helps
Social Security Brings the Office Outside
Tell The Why You're Smiling (Surprise...It's Social Security!)
The Right Kind of Fishing (and how not to be the catch of the day)
If You Can't Work Due to a Disability, Social Security can Help
You've just Stepped into the Retirement Zone
General Questions and Answers - Social Security
The Office of Disability Employment Policy has completed their latest publication on Diversifying Your Workforce, A Four-Step Reference Guide to Recruiting, Hiring, & Retaining Employees with Disabilities. which was done as a joint venture between the ODEP and SHRM alliance on the national level. It is a great resource for information.
Link to Publication
League of Women Voters Information
U.S. Department of Labor Websites:
United States Department of Labor
Bureau of Labor Statistics
US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA)
Office of Personnel Management
Delaware Department of Labor
State laws on rest periods
State laws on meal periods
State laws on pay periods
Community Disaster Agencies:
Red Cross Delmarva
Salvation Army Delaware
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
Other Helpful Links
ADA~ Americans with Disabilities Act
Quit Smoking Community - who raises awareness of the consequences of smoking and helps communities become smoke-free
American Cancer Society