Delaware State SHRM Annual Conference & Expo
Dover Downs Hotel & Conference Center
November 1st & 2nd, 2018
Call for Speaker Proposals
Link to Speaker Proposal Form
Delaware SHRM Chapter, DelMarVa SHRM Chapter and the State Council would like to invite YOU to share your knowledge, insight and professional skills at our 18th Annual Conference in Dover, Delaware! Share your subject matter expertise to support Delaware HR professionals in advancing their professional skill and careers.
Your presentation will serve as a dynamic transfer of knowledge through in-depth and insightful education session related to SHRM’s core competencies. With over 300 attendees and growing, each year the Delaware State SHRM conference is the ideal platform to deliver interactive and engaging professional learning sessions that will resonate with HR colleagues and the like to make a lasting impression year after year.
Conference attendees are predominantly HR professionals from a variety of levels and organizations mainly throughout Delaware. From entry and intermediate-level to seasoned managers and senior professionals, participants have a wide range of HR expertise in key functional areas and generalist responsibilities.
This audience needs practical solutions to the people and business issues they face each day. Our working professionals want to build upon skills in core HR competencies and gain insight into future trends, demands and issues to prepare strategies and create effective outcomes and influence within their organizations.
We are making strides with our conference marketing and social media use! It is more convenient than ever this year to submit your proposal!
As we are preparing our 2018 conference, you may refer to last year's event website for additional information on our past conference by clicking here. Be on the lookout for our upcoming save the date and the launch of our 2018 conference event website announcements over the coming months.
This speaker portal will lead you through the process to submit a proposal to speak at the Delaware State SHRM Annual Conference & Expo.
Benefits of Presenting at the
Delaware SHRM State Conference
- Waived Conference Fee (for a maximum of two active speakers per presentation).
- Includes: access to conference sessions, re-certification credits, lunch, breaks and access to Exhibitor Hall.
- Advertising in conference materials.
- Recognition for providing credible and accredited education.
We have a tradition of using educational conference sessions as a platform for innovation in the field of human resource management. We look for contributors who are willing to share their expertise without expectation of payment in the spirit of networking, a purpose for which the Society was founded.
Our mutual commitment we expect presenters to...
- Acknowledge they are available to speak during any time frame of the conference and as such will not request a change to the session time frame assigned if selected;
- Work closely with conference organizers before the conference and meet all deadlines;
- Make no substantial changes in content, format, audio/visual needs, room set-up, identity or number of presenters without prior approval of conference organizers;
- Design and provide high quality PowerPoint presentations by the deadline given;
- Recognize that a conference presentation is an opportunity to share information and is not a showcase for promotion of business, practice, service or product;
- Respect SHRM as the sponsoring organization with either positive or neutral comments from the platform.
In Return, Delaware SHRM Chapter Will...
- Provide you with your evaluation scores after the conference;
- Provide a complimentary registration for the conference, including admission to the exposition, educational programs and social events.
- Grant you valuable professional exposure.
Ready to Submit Your Proposal?
Be sure to review the selection criteria and speaker benefits areas first. Afterward, click the "Submit A Proposal" button to begin the speaker submission process.
Should you have any questions, please contact Laurie Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ashley Eckard, Conference Chair, at email@example.com. We will respond to you as quickly as possible. We look forward to welcoming you and our HR colleagues in Dover in November!
Presentation Application Process
- Prepare & review your presentation proposal
- Submit your proposal using this link.
a. Proposals must be submitted no later than January 19, 2018
b. Proposals received after this date will not be considered
a. Proposal reviews/speaker selection and notification is expected to be completed by March 5, 2018
- If your proposal is accepted, speakers will be required to:
a. sign a speaker commitment form by March 16, 2018
b. request audio-visual requirements
c. submit a full biography and outline of presentation by April 2, 2018
- Applicants are limited to a maximum of two applications per individual/organization on different topics.
- Speakers are responsible for the presentation of their session and for bringing their own laptop. The Conference Committee will provide a projector (remote operation may not be available) for the speaker’s laptop and a screen. The Conference Committee will try to accommodate requests for additional/other AV or presentation equipment.
- Speakers are responsible for their own hand-outs and obtaining copyright permission. The Conference Committee will not reproduce any handouts.
- Travel, housing and per diem costs are also the responsibility of the Speakers.
- It is strongly discouraged for Speakers to promote their own product within an educational session. Speakers may discuss the use of a product or service within the context of a case-study presentation only. Resources must be multiple and not focus on only one product or service. Speakers with products or services they wish to promote are expected to use alternate methods of promotion; such as being an exhibitor or a sponsor.
- Please email the Conference Chairperson with any questions – Ashley Eckard at firstname.lastname@example.org.